Monday, August 01, 2005

Don Cheadle on the BBC in November

'Hotel Rwanda' was debuting in the UK when I was there last November and Don Cheadle was naturally promoting the film.
I watched a fascinating BBC interview with him. The interviewer at one point asked a question quite a bit like this : "Growing up black in the US you must have faced many instances of racism - can you tell me bout some of them?" My recollection of Cheadle's answer is that it was a somewhat puzzled, "Well, no, I cannot - I do not recall any". Of course the BBC interviewer was perplexed.
This was bad enough. But I have told this story to many people since November and almost all of them (they are generally Canadian) assume Cheadle is lying. I ask them why he would and nobody can tell me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home