Monday, April 17, 2006

No it's not Capistrano

But it is still yet another great sign when the swallows came back - and they were dancing about in the sky this morning during my morning jog at the waterfront.
I saw only two (likely) oldsquaws, so I suspect it will be autumn before I see them in numbers.
Most of the birds were in pairs. Ahh, a young bird's fancy ....
A song sparrow (I am pretty sure, but these LBBs (little brown birds) can be hard to sort out) was singing away on one of the points, the same point where one of that species turns up every spring (the same bird? I do not know).
Cormorants aplenty were scouring the inner bay, and it has been a while since that has been so prominent (they nest all year nearby, but their visiting schedules seem more a matter of commuting inthe early morning somewhere farther east).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home