Thursday, June 22, 2006

Britannica vs Wikipedia

I fully understand the vulnerability of the Wikipedia model (and know to be cautious about what I find there), but is it conceivable that the Britannica could have any entry so useful as this one?
I am still in the Chicago suburbs and the Chicago White Sox manager Ozzie Guillen apparently fired off at a local reporter an epithet, and there is argument whether he said the reporter was cowardly or gay. Guillen's defence is that the word means 'cowardly' in his native Venezuela. He does not report whether it is also a term referring generally to homosexuals.
Now nobody says what the word is (my guess is 'Maricon' but they are mumbling about it starting with 'f') and I am not sure I have got the information I wanted from Wikipedia, but at least it gives me hope.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home