Sunday, November 19, 2006

Trust Undermined

We had two shows to attend this weekend, and had some concern about the possible collision of our travel plans with the Santa Claus Parade, which I knew to be taking place in Toronto, though I did not know which day.
So I scanned the Saturday Toronto Sun for the information and was pleased to find this information.



I found this good news. The Saturday drive did not have to go anywhere near the route at a relevant time. Of course, somewhat later, I discovered that the assertion on the map that the parade would occur 'today' contradicted better information elsewhere on the same page. Someone had missed the need to edit the map, clearly prepared for Sunday's edition, for use on Saturday.

Now we had Sunday to be concerned about so I went to double-check the time of the show, so I found this:




This struck me as very odd as we have been attending Opera Atelier productions for years and the Sunday shows are always matinees, starting at 3pm. It turns out that all other evidence, newspaper ads, the Ticketmaster web page, the Opera Atelier web page, and finally, a phone call to Opera Atelier, pointed to 3 pm as the day. We are heading off soon and hoping that the majority of sources are right!

I think this is the first time I have been misled by a ticket for an event! I cannot say the same for it being the first time I have been misled by a newspaper.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home