Monday, January 01, 2007

The Amazing Weather Persists

11 degrees centigrade earlier today - utterly amazing for New Year's Day in Toronto. More amazing, a drive through Southern Ontario where the only visible snow was in the leftover melting piles of snow cleared into a parking lot in London during the blizzard of a few weeks ago, and the sad remnants of an attempt at snow-making on the ski hill on the Milton Outlier. Farmer's fields were often green, as crops were contemplating starting an early season.
This is a delight for me as a driver, and for my cat as a consumer of grass in the backyard - after all, there IS grass!
Like the crops I saw, my lilacs are perhaps making a decision they will regret, as this photo taken today witnesses:

1 Comments:

At 7:22 PM, Blogger Alan Adamson said...

No lights in the yard. I had the same question. I checked a few other plants - one of the rosebushes has given up for the year and tossed its leaves, another still has them. It looks as if the honeysuckle may also be budding but I cannot be sure - will know in a day or two.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home