Thursday, April 19, 2007

Can I Fall Over Laughing in Recognition?

This post is just too good. I love the parenthetical 'l', as I have no idea what to do trying to spell such words.
Everyone lives in mortal fear of travel(l)ing Canadians, who go bonkers when accused of being American.

Of course Americans can parade Canadian flags when they travel abroad. Few are smart enough to purchase MEC products (the logo is particularly amusing to see in France). And of course, they could say "hoose" and "aboot" if they knew how to do it. Sadly I do not know how to avoid doing it!
I always feel honoured to be mistaken for someone from a country with some moral responsibility. Though Canada is currently fighting its way back into such status right now.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 9:16 PM, Blogger rondi adamson said...

When I lived overseas and met smug fellow Canadians, I would always say that I put the maple leaf on my luggage so pickpockets would know my money wasn't worth anything!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home