Monday, June 16, 2008

Question Resolved regarding 'Fernando'

45 seconds (actually, likely a lot more) I was not willing to devote to answering the question for myself was invested by commenters at Sandwalk. And by me reading their comments. :-)

'Fernando' was my first exposure to Abba, and it did not make me a fan, though it did not take long to become totally committed to their joyous energy and often rather brilliant lyrics, partly informed by their not being English native speakers and hence able to find constructions we would not be likely to. 'Fernando' seemed like lazy writing and apparently it was. They got better over the years, and had been better earlier. It is hard to pick a favourite song but they have a wonderful one in which everyone apologizes to Cassandra for not taking her seriously.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home