Friday, August 08, 2008

Who Knew?

I love the great diversity of my city, though I have never believed the sort of drivel promulgated by many, including the Miller-babbler, that the UN has recognized Toronto as the most ethnically diverse city in the world. (FWIW, I have never found anyone able to supply the smallest evidence for this claim - and of course, that the UN says something officially is far from making it true or interesting.) In the end, I have spent time in Manhattan and London (England), and have seen real diversity.
But I had no idea my city had this community!

I confess I was thrilled to contemplate the idea of a Gypsy celebration down at Ashbridge's Bay. And then I got worried - maybe this is just a bunch of emigrants from Rome (Roma in their language).
But all is cool. It is really the Roma I hoped.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home