Saturday, March 07, 2009

It's Israeli Apartheid Week

And has been for a while. This shameful farce in favor of "Palestine solidarity" apparently originated in Toronto in 2005; I am ashamed of that fact. There is a supporting web page to which I choose not to link.
Richard Landes has a very nice contribution on the subject. It cites an Israeli diplomat who asserts:
If Israel were an apartheid state, I would not have been appointed here, nor would I have chosen to take upon myself this duty. There are many Arabs, both within Israel and in the Palestinian territories who have taken great courage to walk the path of peace. You should stand with us, rather than against us.

Let me add too that Toronto is not MERELY shameful. The Canadian Academic Friends of Israel will be meeting here, trying to apply a bit of an antidote to the idiotic calls for an academic boycott of Israel. EclectEcon will be attending, and, if we are lucky, live-blogging.
UPDATE: This is relevant.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home