Thursday, April 09, 2009

I Actually Heard This in Its Initial Eastern Timezone Incarnation Yesterday

I wasn't going to blog it but, having re-heard (and now seen) it, I am so appalled at what a jerk BBT was that it can use another link.

BBT's own publicist confirms as well that there was NO instruction to the CBC to restrict the topics of conversation.

BBT to me looks pretty affected by something and his bandmates seem to be very embarrassed, rightly. I will say one thing - when I saw Wille Nelson and Ray Price in Tulsa (with Merle Haggard and Asleep at the Wheel), I am VERY happy that this jerk was not part of the opening act.

I thought listing Michael Nesmith as part of the early influences, from the other band members, was way cool. One great Monkee!

What astonishes me is that there are actually people on a couple of mailing lists I participate in who defend Thronton's behavior! What can they be thinking?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home