Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Another Reason I Dig Shakira

Needing a break from touring and performing, she decides to audit a Western Civ course, and does it incognito.
"It was such a long tour, I needed a break from me," Shakira told The Guardian. "The universe is so broad, I cannot be at the center of it. So I decided to go to the university and study history for a summer course, just to kind of switch gears, taste the student life."
There is no evidence she fully tasted the student life, in the form of taking the exam, mind you.
Still, she impressed the prof. (I'm pretty sure she would have impressed me,)
Her simple plan worked. Professor Robert Cleve, who taught the Introduction to Western Civilization: Ancient Civilizations from Prehistory to Circa A.D. 843 class, had no idea "Isabel" was actually a pop star.
"She told me she was visiting from Colombia and that she was just doing this for her own enlightenment and enjoyment," Cleve told the Associated Press in 2007. "She looked like just an ordinary student. She wasn't flamboyant...she didn't act like a big celebrity or anything."

1 Comments:

At 9:13 AM, Blogger rondi adamson said...

You should do the Manolo's Whose Shoes! This week is was Shakira!
http://shoeblogs.com/2009/10/21/whose-shoes-wednesday-122/
http://shoeblogs.com/2009/10/22/whose-shoes-wednesday-the-answer-11/
Usually I venture a guess, but this week I was at Glendon all day and couldn't. Doubt I would have guessed right.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home