Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Country Music in Toronto, Swift, ...

I was out shopping for a bit and in the car I played 95.3, Hamilton's country radio station - Toronto is a bit shameful in its inability to support a country station.
There were nice reminiscences of Keith Urban's Saturday Night Show. I liked one comment - there were 15,000 attractive women! The total attendance was surely about 15,000, I would guess so surely there were at most 10,000 attractive women! (That Keith Urban was the star explains this discrepancy from human rights.) This was confirmed by the attendance in the private box I was in. In fact it was about 2-1 women, all attractive (we men can be so lucky!).
As I drove home a song came on and I, not really having listened to country for a long time, guessed it had to be a Taylor Swift song. Basically the song was "Some Kind of Wonderful" as a country song. I was right. And it is a nice song (as was the movie). Taylor Swift is not just a fun goof - she can perform her own songs! (The lyrics are funny and sweet. I am becoming a big Taylor Swift fan.)
"She doesn't get your humor like I do".

I completely love the line
"Can't you see the I'm one that understands you."
Thanks, Taylor Swift. You are enriching my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home