Wednesday, December 16, 2009

The Mark Steyn Christmas Show

I have now broadened my knowledge of Mark Steyn, by listening to his Christmas podcast. I was aware of his musical interests, but not really conscious of how deep his knowledge is, and how entertaining it can be. The podcast features many surprises, but I found the section with Elisabeth von Trapp very moving. Also, you discover Steyn can sing; and he can! The show features a pretty motley collection of contributors, including Martha Stewart! There is also great Canadian content (all Quebecois, but including a discussion of the interesting history that produces so many Quebecers with Irish surnames).
If, like me, you have time on your hands, this is a fine way to spend it!
UPDATE: You have to hang on, but the discussion with a co-author of "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" is also simply delightful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home