Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Bye Bye Giambrone

Adam Giambrone is one of the candidates for the mayoralty of Toronto. As chair of the TTC he has had a bad last few weeks, which have surely given his oppnents great new material.
Now though, another problem he has makes him look like the dead meat he should be. The John Edwards of our mayoralty campaign!
Mayoral candidate Adam Giambrone admitted Monday night he had "an inappropriate relationship with a young woman."
Calling it "a serious lapse in judgment," the Toronto city councillor offered his "deepest apology to my partner, Sarah, my family and friends for the pain and embarrassment my indiscretion will cause them."
His statement came after the Toronto Star asked him a series of questions about his relationship with university student Kristen Lucas, who said she had an intimate relationship with Giambrone for more than a year. Lucas, now 20, was 19 when she began dating Giambrone.
Now I might not mind this per se but he seems not to recognize that if he plans to campaign with one woman, maybe there ought not be two.
"You know I will be announcing I have a partner," Giambrone, 32, wrote in a text message to Lucas Dec. 27. "It is someone named Sarah (McQuarrie), who I've been involved with in the past. It is important for the campaign."
Giambrone told Lucas he hoped they could continue to see each other, assuring her: "I had to have someone political."
Moreover, he has been widely touted as bright. text messages? They can be saved. I guess he knows that now.
He even made use of city property!
In recent interviews with the Star, Lucas said she's been involved with Giambrone since late 2008 and, on several occasions, had sex late at night on a couch in his City Hall office.
If he stays in the campaign there will be fun.
Bright? Listen to this!
She alleged Giambrone revealed secrets relating to his work – "I knew a long, long time ago about the (TTC) fare hike" – and shared his "negative" opinions of several councillors. She offered no details, but said Mayor "David Miller is like a god to Adam."
I can barely control my glee.
Wait - it's worse. He tries to hook up on Facebook?
"I am actually pretty transparent," he told her, in an early Facebook message, Dec. 21, 2008. "I live with my brother. I swim a lot and like to spend time travelling. How's that for a beginning."
This must have been tough for the Toronto Star, getting such a great scoop, that surely has sunk their favorite candidate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home