Tuesday, May 29, 2007

ORU Architecture

Oral Roberts University has my grudging admiration on a number of fronts. It hosted the great show I saw in March.
Another point - both its men's and women's basketball teams made the initial round of March Madness.
But even more impressive is the very original architecture. Among universities I have visited, I must confess ORU seems to have eye-catching buildings in ways most other campuses I go to do not.

For example you might be arriving on campus to find this greeting:



I agree completely with the sign in this picture (click to enlarge and read that red sign)!

But these are also interesting buildings.





And also, reminiscent of The Day the Earth Stood Still:



In the end make no mistake - it is an attractive campus. I have no idea what sort of education its students get.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home