Sunday, May 27, 2007

Human Rights, deconstructed by EclectEcon and friends

My Curling co-poster hits on a good number of themes today, on a subject I care a lot about. I find it frustrating how happily people I once considered my allies on the left now sign up on the side of Islamism, and wrap themselves in a cloak of anti-Zionism (which, when one looks closely at their positions, is indistinguishable from anti-Semitism).
The great line in EclectEcon's post:
The day when those regimes become predominantly Jewish is the day that these people will start criticizing them, regardless of whether their human-rights records get better or worse.

Yup. Too true.
EclectEcon quite rightly asks the following question:
Anyone who says,
This is not against Israel, it's for Palestine,... I think the Palestinians are living in a prison.
has not been paying attention to Middle Eastern events for the past five years and what it means to be pro-Palestinian. The suicide bombings, the kidnappings, the rockets, the promises to drive Israel into the sea... these count for nothing?

I know from some of the commenters I used to have (who seemed to have lost the courage to make comments), that the answer is "No - killing Israeli civilians is meritorious - killing Hamas murderers is a violation of human rights."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home