Thursday, September 01, 2005

Mark Steyn Embarrasses Himself in Public

I have long enjoyed his witty, if sometimes slightly superficial, analyses. He can make me laugh out loud.
Probably not any more - i think Tim Lambert has terminated that phase in my life by quoting this stupidity:
By comparison, the evolutionists’ insistence that we’re just another “animal” seems perverse and irrational and refuted by a casual glance out the window. I am coming round to the view that hyper-rationalism is highly irrational.
I now know where the glibness he displays comes from. A casual glance out the window is enough.

UPDATE: Count on P Z Myers to complete the exposure.

UPDATE: I thought the defrocking above was enough but I have to confess I sympathize with all those commenting on the Pharyngula blog. It will be interesting to see if Steyn is actually prepared to live in the blogosphere or just wants to stonewall. I am slightly sad about this, but always happy to strike someone unworthy off my list of pages to read.

3 Comments:

At 10:03 AM, Blogger rondi adamson said...

That's pretty depressing. One so wants to admire Steyn.

 
At 12:37 PM, Blogger mus said...

But when you look at some of what's going on in New Orleans right now, don't you find yourself tending to believe in sin?

Brian Ferguson

 
At 11:33 PM, Blogger Alan Adamson said...

Believe in sin? Not sure what 'believe in' means. I do think there are people driven by bad motives. That seems enough to explain what we saw.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home