Monday, October 31, 2005

Wendy Crewson - can she explain that magic production?

I spent the academic year 1976-1977 at Queen's University in Canada.
During that year I went to see a student production of 'The Cherry Orchard'. It remains in my memory as the best theatrical production I have seen (and I have spent a good time in London's West End, in New York, and in the delights of Toronto's theatre scene).
One of our morning news shows here has revealed that Wendy Crewson (whom I consider the most attractive actress period anywhere, flat-out, no question) was a student at Queen's, and studied drama. Her birthdate (according to IMDB) suggests she might have been a student when I saw this production. Could she have been in it? No wonder I thought it was so good!

2 Comments:

At 1:00 AM, Blogger BensonBear said...

Hey, ever here of Google, which quickly reveals this:

"Crewson, who graduated from Queen's in 1977, fondly remembers her time in Kingston. The former Adelaide Hall resident majored in English before switching to drama, and happily recalls spending "too much time in the Green Room" of Theological Hall working with professors like Gary Wagner and Anne Hardcastle, and performing in plays like The Cherry Orchard."

It doesn't settle the issue definitely, but the smart money is clearly on it.

 
At 11:55 AM, Blogger Alan Adamson said...

BensonBear, thank you so much. I think this is pretty strong evidence. Wonderful to discover this these years later - maybe it shows I should be a pack rat and keep all my theatre programs. That was a hell of a Cherry Orchard.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home