Friday, July 21, 2006

Eyeball Demography

There has been much wringing of hands in the blogosphere about European demographics, and the concern that immigrant populations will outbreed the non-immigrant populations.

I spent a couple of days in Oslo recently and it certainly seemed to me there was some pretty active regeneration of the non-immigrant population going on. I wonder if this is reflected in any oficial demographic statistics yet; perhaps it is an optical illusion of sorts.

My wife said she noticed the same thing in Germany in the course of several weeks there.

Over the last couple of months I also spent some time in Paris and Vienna, and did NOT notice this effect.

Of course our sampling methods were not designed to provide the most accurate results in this area.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home