Wednesday, July 26, 2006

The Maytag Repairman

In my youth, I recall Jesse White as the lonely Maytag repairman, with no work to do because their appliances have no faults.
I sure wish he had the same time on his hands now!
He has been outsourced. I now think perhaps regrettably, I bought a Maytag washer last fall. In any case when I called Maytag for service on the busted machine, they referred me to some local appliance repair shops. These guys somewhat reluctantly sent a service rep out, who determined last weekend that I needed a new drain pump. That would come "in a couple of days". That was five days ago.
My view right now is that Maytag repairmen should become extinct, but right now I believe it is because Maytag appliances should become extinct. Perhaps my mood will change soon, but not being able to do a laundry in my home in this mini-heat-wave is not fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home