Monday, January 22, 2007

Commuting to the Office in my Hotel Room

Business travel is a funny beast - this particular trip is for meetings that dominate my life for the week I am here so totally that no engagement with the local community simply can happen!
So sitting in the hotel room at the (slightly off your time zone) hours, awaiting heading for morning meetings, what does one do.
Well, I tune in to CBC Metro Morning on the Internet and it feels exactly as if I were driving up the Don Valley Parkway to the Office.
The levels of dislocation this involves are worth thinking about sometime.

(And a year ago I was in the same city and watched the same network just to keep up with the prospects in the then-coming Canadian election.)

1 Comments:

At 3:31 PM, Blogger EclectEcon said...

I absolutely detest the CBC.... except when I'm traveling.

When I was in England last summer, I, too, sometimes listened to the CBC via the internet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home