Sunday, January 14, 2007

The NFL Weekend - Could Doc be a Curmudgeon?

I just do not get what worries the author of this post. After all, Chicago is into the next round, so it will be seen what is achieved then.
As for me, I have found all the matches this weekend worth watching till quite late, which is very unusual, as I recall.
What infuriates me is that I am presenting a paper at a conference next Sunday, and not likely able to leave the room to know what is happening during the conference finals. It infuriates me because had I thought to look at a calendar I would never have submitted the paper! This is just very poor planning.
This weekend was interesting as well in the context of the recent debate on what to do on fourth downs - with some economists having analyzed the history and determining coaches punted or tried field goals too often on fourth downs. Several coaches seemed to take that to heart this weekend. And until just now the results were terrible.
New England has just done well off such an attempt, but via a San Diego fumble, so hardly something that, other than statistically, would encourage me to future risk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home