Friday, August 03, 2007

Typical Rogers Service - *this* is Customer Service?

Over many years I have had a home page that serves as a very nice portal to all that I care most about knowing - weather in certain places, stock indexes, news of various sorts, items on my favourite sports. This resided nicely at http://my.yahoo.com. (A cookie kept track of who I was and made sure that the right page came up for me when I wanted, and I could always log in and get the page I wanted if I got rid of the cookie).
As of this morning, it appears this has all been obliterated. That address now gets re-directed to http://rogers.my.yahoo.com, which contains a bunch of nonsense that my ISP, Rogers.com, seems to think I would prefer to what I have spent years creating. I have used Rogers' online support to ask whether there is a way to recover what I had created over the years, and, as is typical in Rogers' service, I have had no response.
So it is over to igoogle.com and learning how to recreate what I had.
So why would Yahoo and Rogers want to turn their existing customers off so badly? There must be a very significant belief their new mechanisms will attract a lot of new customers. I sure cannot see how.
For the moment, I shall certainly do everything I can to avoid Yahoo- and Rogers-sponsored pages. The new home page is already igoogle.com - it is no match for what I had, but it is not nearly as stupid as what Rogers and Yahoo imposed on me this morning.
Any hints anyone has on getting me back to where I was before would be very welcome.

1 Comments:

At 11:16 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I'm with you, but for what it's worth, I found a "secret" way to get back

try this link...I had to log out of my yahoo account before it worked properly

rogers.my.yahoo.com/?migrate=downgrade&_done=http://my.yahoo.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home