Thursday, August 21, 2008

Squirrel-Proof Screen Own Goal

My squirrel-proof screens have held a couple of years, but the holes are multiplying, and I continue hunting for a defence mechanism - in the summer it is important to have windows I can open without having the squirrels enter to harvest my peanuts.

So I tried a new idea. When little Blackie the squirrel (one particular aggressive creature) comes to the screen and poses to nibble, I will grab a water spray bottle and hit him/her (henceforth her) square in the nose with surely very annoying water. Well, as it turns out, she LIKES having water sprayed over her head in a mist. Back to the drawing board, and no, I don't think I will go for alternative liquids. I want to use the same spray bottle for the plants.

Now I was reminded of this fairly recent experience by this post from Bonobo Handshake. I particularly thought the last picture on that post came close to home.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At 7:44 PM, Blogger EclectEcon said...

We have a super-soaker squirt gun that we use to chase away unwanted creatures (and help our cats defend our yard as their territory).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home