Not Exactly a Bucket ListVia Composite Drawlings:
1. Started your own blog. Evidently
2. Slept under the stars .
3. Played in a band . A marching band at that - I sure recall those cold Santa Claus parades.
4. Visited Hawaii. With all the business trips I have taken, I would have expected to make it to Hawaii, but the organizations were always too economical.
5. Watched a meteor shower. Combined with 2 above.
6. Given more than you can afford to charity . Certainly not more than I can afford.
7. Been to Disney World. Does the Epcot Center count? If so then count this bold.
8. Climbed a mountain. Are Wainwrights and Munros mountains? That is my justification for the bolding. Oh, and, once, long ago, Whistler?
9. Held a praying mantis . Just looked at one once.
10. Sang a solo so low you couldn't hear it.
11. Bungee jumped. Never going to happen.
12. Visited Paris. . Many times and not nearly enough times.
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea. I am counting Lake Ontario as 'sea'.
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch. All musical.
15. Adopted a child . Having adopted cats should count here, right?
16. Had food poisoning . Brutal experience, never figured out what the food had been.
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty . I don't recommend it, if it is even possible anymore.
18. Grown your own vegetables .
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France . Many times, and every time a true disappointment.
20. Slept on an overnight train . Before the true spread of aviation, this was more or less normal.
21. Had a pillow fight .
22. Hitchhiked. Do not recall doing it.
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill. Depends on what 'ill' means.
24. Built a snow fort .
25. Held a lamb. Stared one closely in the face. But no touching.
26. Gone skinny dipping .
27. Run a marathon . Completed one - that is more than enough.
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice. Yet to get there. Want to.
29. Seen a total eclipse. A stunning and lucky experience - everywhere else nearby was covered in clouds.
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset .
31. Hit a home run. I rarely struck out but had no power.
32. Been on a cruise . Never had any interest.
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person. Well, it is only an hour and a half drive away. Pace Oscar Wilde, it has never been a disappointment.
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors. One side of the family, though not with that intention.
35. Seen an Amish community . I'll take 'Amish' to mean treaditional Mennonite.
36. Taught yourself a new language. Many - all poorly.
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied .
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person . Have yet to get to Italy at all.
39. Gone rock climbing . See bungee jumping.
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David. See 38.
41. Sung karaoke . See bungee jumping.
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt .
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant .
44. Visited Africa.
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight .
46. Been transported in an ambulance .
47. Had your portrait painted.
48. Gone deep sea fishing .
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person . See 38.
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris .
51. Gone SCUBA diving. See bungee jumping.
52. Kissed in the rain .
53. Played in the mud .
54. Gone to a drive-in theater . This is a bit unfair to our younger participants.
56. Visited the Great Wall of China .
57. Started a business . There is time yet!
58. Taken a martial arts class. See bungee jumping.
59. Visited Russia. As I can read the language reasonably, this is a bit of a disappointment, I have to admit.
60. Served at a soup kitchen .
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies. I am at a disadvantage here.
62. Gone whale watching . Not with much success.
63. Got flowers for no reason .
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma .
65. Gone sky diving . See bunjee jumping.
66. Visited a Nazi concentration camp .
67. Bounced a check . Maybe but it was a small deal.
68. Flown in a helicopter. This was once the logical way to get to SFO from Berkeley.
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy .
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial. Very moving.
71. Eaten caviar . Not something that has caused me to seek out repetition.
72. Pieced a quilt .
73. Stood in Times Square .
74. Toured the Everglades .
75. Been fired from a job .
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London . Does the changing of the guard in Ottawa count?
77. Broken a bone . A toe, now fused.
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle . Well, I thought it was speeding!
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person .
80. Published a book . SillyWife has, though.
81. Visited the Vatican. See 38.
82. Bought a brand new car .
83. Walked in Jerusalem .
84. Had your picture in the newspaper. Accordion band.
85. Read the entire Bible.
86. Visited the White House.
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating and eaten it. No Sarah Palin here!
88. Had chickenpox .
89. Saved someone’s life.
90. Sat on a jury . Was in the waiting area but never got to the courtroom.
91. Met someone famous. Terry Bradshaw - a true entertainer (though the immaculate reception ruined my 1972).
92. Joined a book club .
93. Lost a loved one . 'Nuff said
94. Had a baby. Not that I am aware of.
95. Seen the Alamo in person . During a winter storm when the felt temperature was around 30 below in Fahrenheit. A very moving experience, as I had had no prior idea of the multicultural force that was occupying the Alamo.
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake.
97. Been involved in a law suit .
98. Owned a cell phone.
99. Been stung by a bee. What a shock!
100. Read an entire book in one day. This is the role of Dan Brown!