Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Memories Are Made of This

One thing that struck me at my weekend funeral is how easily I could build memories that simply are not true.
TCM gave me another chance last night by running the wonderful "Breakfast at Tiffany's".
I knew Audrey Hepburn had died young but was surprised she outlived me (at my current age - I hope to beat her by a lot) by two years (at the moment), but I clearly recalled George Peppard dying in his 40's when in fact IMDB says he outlived Hepburn by a couple of years and I have yet to match his lifetime (and certainly not his list of wives! and it included the fabulous Elizabeth Ashley - what a man!!)
Now this is NOT the right way to watch such a great movie and I can get back into it but it is a great way to cause me to wonder what the heck I think I actually know!
Always a good question.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home