Wednesday, July 28, 2010

I Don't Even Remember Who my Kindergarten Teacher Was

But it seems she was crucial (I do recall she was a she).
If kindergarten teachers matter as much as this new research suggests, then you would think that parents would have a large influence on their kids' adult outcomes. After all, you spend a lot more time with your parents than in your kindergarten class. But much research in behavioral genetics finds very little evidence for significant parental effects.
I find this all a bit dubious as all I recall about kindergarten was trying to see the undergarments of the girls. With significant success, as we were often required to sit cross-legged in a circle. One of those kindergarten classmates remained somewhat of a fascination right through high school, and then vanished completely from my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home