Monday, December 19, 2005

I'll trust Athena on this

One of my relatives sent me a link recently suggesting that women were barely better off in Afghanistan today that they were under the Taliban. This seemed at best highly dubious to me, and could only be believed under the most curious of ways of equating before and after.

Athena at Terrorism Unveiled posts very nicely on this today. It is worth going and checking out her post. She makes no pretence that the new world is perfect, but it is seems too easy to forget how awful what did exist was.

1 Comments:

At 7:29 PM, Blogger rondi adamson said...

Seems a no-brainer to me. They have something called "elections" in Afghanistan now, and women *and* men can vote in these newfangled things. Seems that life is better for everyone. (Another good place for info regarding these matters is Afghan Warrior's blog.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home