Sunday, January 01, 2006

Queer Eyes for, well, hmm, maybe all of us

A few years ago a show popped up on TV that captivated me - 'A Queer Eye for the Straight Guy'. It is likely for the best they never found their way to me as a case to address - I am pretty minimalist myself. But I loved watching the show and trying to learn a little bit about 'style'. The show has since become a phenomenon, rightly, and there is no problem finding those lads out helping all of us sort out how to live our lives. For someone from the world of mathematics, recalling the suicide of Alan Turing, this seems to me a great development.
Today I have been soaking up a show from the BBC, 'How Not to Decorate'. It is wonderful in much the same ways; and what is te most fun is to see the designers' taste collide with the very practical views of the Brits they try to 'help'. Watch it. Comment on it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home