Sunday, February 19, 2006

Latest search links to find my posts

There have been some worthwhile ones!

1) From Westmount, Quebec - "silly hair styles". 'Silly' is a great word.

2) From Pennsylvania - "pictures of oldsquaws"
Yay! More birdwatchers!

3) Nobody knows where this came from - they are looking for "Flirting watts"
Maybe it is whether Naomi Watts was an actress in the fine Australian film 'Flirting'. Maybe not.

4) From Stoke-on-Trent, UK, seeking "kwame salter speech 2005 2006"
Beats me

5) From Atlanta - "hilarious quotes" (this is the wrong place)

6) From Harrisburg, PA - "heaven, I'm in heaven"
I think I like this person! Astaire-land

BTW - I filter out now all the obvious friend and family searches. Among those, by the way, are the ones where "http://liaslc.blogspot.com" gets typed into a Google window. I suggest the originator of those get his employer to give him a half-day course on the Web.

2 Comments:

At 2:47 PM, Blogger BensonBear said...

They may not need a course in using the web. Occasionally one comes across the literal url of a site when browsing (don't ask me why people do this on web pages but they do). Then the quickest way to get it into the address field of another page is to select the text, right click, and search for it. Then when you go to the search page, you can immediately go to it from that page.

This is shorter than the "usual way", in my count, 4 clicks/keypresses compared to 8 (not counting the common select). Right click, select seach for, click on new window tab, click on selection in search page, versus Control key, c, control key, t, click in address field and do a drag select, control key, v,
return).

 
At 2:58 PM, Blogger Alan Adamson said...

Very interesting. As ever, you give me pause for thought. I may even start using this technique if I find occasion for it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home