Thursday, March 16, 2006

Our Flag Abroad

I have made it a policy (easily for 30 years) when I travel not to emblazon my clothes and bags with Canadian flags; this choice is driven by an unwillingness to separate myself from Americans who are travelling abroad (perhaps because I lived there for many years, perhaps for other reasons) - and of course this does nothing to prevent US citizens from attaching the Canadian flag to their bits.

As for my passport, I have only one. And my sister poses an interesting question about the privileges it may afford. With her I find that nothing to be proud of.

Now I should point out that much of my clothing and baggage is marked 'MEC'. This is likely a clearer and more certain mark than a Canadian flag or perhaps even passport. And a goofier one in France.

1 Comments:

At 3:23 PM, Blogger Alan Adamson said...

muttering - I just tried it and it seemed to. I'll insert it it again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home