Thursday, March 23, 2006

Release, er Rescue, oopps and there were Soldiers

I woke up to great news this morning, that three hostages being held in Iraq had been 'released' As the morning progressed, the 'release' turned out to have been a military operation, targeted at where the hostages had been held, and clearly led by US and UK forces.

I am not sure I am quite as annoyed about some of the discourse as my sister or The Big Pharaoh, but they certainly have some good points about the rhetoric and language being used. I recommend both their comments.

The kindest description I could give is that there is major churlishness in trying to deny the rescuers the credit they so fully deserve. Especially as they rescued people whose goals were to discredit them, and whose supporters had basically been dissing the rescuers for months.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home