Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Pandora!

A few months ago, a good friend recommended Pandora to me. I am now experimenting.

I have two stations going. One started with Patsy Cline's "I Fall to Pieces" and it is behaving reasonably. The other started with Dar Williams' "Iowa" and this has been a rocky ride. Many years ago, I was an enthusiastic listener to a local Universtiy of Waterloo campus station's women's music show every week. I am very curious to see whether Pandora can sort out in the end what I really like in that form, and what I do not like at all. At the moment, I am logging at least 60% rejects. The "I Fall to Pieces" station is building more systematically. I rarely reject anything.

As for "women's music" I recommend the great line from Nicole Holofcener's "Walking and Talking" - Liev Schreiber's character asks whether he has to keep listening to that 'vagina music', and is informed clearly that he must.

Now of that form I like quite a bit and really hate a lot so Pandora has a task.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home