Thursday, May 11, 2006

Talent

The local cable system's movie channels have been inflicting 'The Interpreter' on us several times a day. It is very interesting to watch a film that is a real failure, and have it redeemed by tremendous work from Sean Penn and Nicole Kidman. Real talent is a delight and can salvage much.
Without them this film would be unforgivably awful. Come on! - suicide bombers from non-Muslim Africa. Give me a break! And utterly silly plotting.
The redemption Kidman and Penn provide is not perfect; as I watch it I wish I were watching him in 'Fast Times at Ridgement High' or her in 'Flirting'.

1 Comments:

At 2:56 PM, Blogger Alan Adamson said...

Bad for many reasons but among them is the plot that invents a problem that does not exist. I prefer plots that stay closer to what is real.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home