Thursday, September 07, 2006

Book Tag

Man I Hate This - but why not? I was tagged here and all defenses collapsed with this post.

A Book that Changed My Life It is likely this or some other similar Sawyer effort, that made it clear to me I wanted to be a mathematician. The irony is that once I became one, I wanted to be something else, as I happily am now. But the mathematical style of thought I still consider utterly vital.

A Book I Have Read More than Once Well, sorry but it IS Ulysses.
I REALLY like Leopold Bloom (not so much the other characters). I think I have also read a couple of Michael Connelly novels twice too. But I am less sure about those. I know when I re-read Ulysses.

A Book I would take with me if I were stuck on a desert island Do I have time to decide? I think I would like one of those math books like the Sawyer one, for the sheer diversion. Otherwise, yeah, surely, Shakespeare.

A Book that made me laugh Out loud in an embarrassing way? The Tom Sharpe one on literature ('The Great Pursuit'?), that features 'Pause o Men for the Virgin'. He saw through the crap of postmodernism long before it had latched and wrecked so many Western brains.

A Book that made me cry Not sure - can think of some movies (The Red Pony) but no books.

A Book I wish had been written The Origin of the Species

A Book I wish had never been written Too many choices - any of the variety of hate-spewing nonsense out there now.

A Book I'm currently reading My sidebar has the official version but I am primarily on the 4th Stephanie Plum novel.

A Book I've been meaning to read Hmm. I have an underdeveloped sense of duty. Maybe finally "War and Peace"?

What turned me onto fiction This is REALLY a great question, as I loved non-fiction almost exclusively until my late teens. What flipped me? I think maybe Ray Bradbury, which is really funny, as I find science fiction unreadable now.


Who do I tag? Nobody. No way, no how, no body.

2 Comments:

At 7:28 PM, Blogger rondi adamson said...

Geez Al -- sue me! Sorry I tagged ya!

 
At 7:31 PM, Blogger Alan Adamson said...

Worse things could happen! In fact I found the discipline fun. And I succumbed only following Doc's example.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home