Sunday, January 14, 2007

Brutal History Repeats Itself, sort of

When did New England's Tom Brady really come to fame? Eliminating the Raiders in a post-season game via a controversial call. Having lived many years in Northern California, I was a somewhat intransigent Raiders fan, and spent much energy reading all the exegeses of the rules and what it appears the officials may have seen in that game (how many years ago was that?).
My reluctant conclusion, after a lot of study, is that the officials were right and it seems they have again has found the marginal and justified difference in a match. Yes, Oakland was wrong, the Patriots deserved their win.
How do they do it?
I don't know if I care; I do know that I like the potential for surprise it gives me watching this sport.
Unlike the world's most popular sport where you can sleep through the whole match and miss nothing. People sit for hours hoping something will happen!
Mind you, I also like Cricket, and am furious about some scheduling of some spring cricket action in Toronto.
Curling is generally more exciting than NFL Football but where is it on TV this winter?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home