Thursday, June 21, 2007

A further joy from Frankfurt Airport

How can I have forgotten this nice aspect of my forced time at Frankfurt airport?
I wandered up to the bar to get a beer, and three girls appeared behind me in the queue, chattering back and forth in a mix of English and French, trying to read the menus posted. So I began translating, and they became very flirtatious as they communicated among themselves and me (don't worry - they were not serious). They were all about twenty, and dressed just this side of somewhat provocatively. In the end, what I told them clearly made them decide to find somewhere else to eat.
As they left, I asked them why they were talking back and forth in a mix of French and English. Almost as a unit, they responded, "We're Tunisian".
I love being surprised!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home