Friday, June 15, 2007

Morning Lakeside Walk (and Swan Update)

The weather here is so unbelievably great; one cannot resist a lakeside walk each morning. And it lets me check up on the swans.
Before finding the swans, I had a great moment of catching the Black-Crowned Night Heron enjoying the morning; the picture is lousy, like earlier swan shots, but the bird is there! Check this out!

That form in the middle is the little heron.
As for the swans, well before I found them, I sucked in the nice skyline. Normally I post more rustic pictures, but this really is nice.



So where were the swans and was there any news more enocuraging than yesterday's? I found the swans but do not think the news was good. The two were paddling in the distance in the outer bay, and now for the first time I expose the Ashbridge's Bay Water Treatment Plant - not the prettiest sight but the two swans seemed to like it.
One stands out in the foreground of this picture:



Another can be seen, singled out here by an arrow.



No cygnets in sight - it has been three days. I am losing hope, though I do not know how these guys live.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home