Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Brad DeLong hits Home Run Number 2

In California last week, I was exposed to debates among the primary candidates. I am always fascinated by US politics and this year has been a true treasure.

McCain and Romney produced a debate I wish I had never seen; any sympathy or willingness to support McCain vanished in the course of his challenges to Romney, which seemed at best ungentlemanly. Romney seems a nice enough fellow but he did not do much to sell me either.

The next day the Democrats debated and made none of the same mistakes.

Since then I have been thinking about what I would do had I a vote in the US primaries. It turns out that would I would have done is precisely what Brad DeLong did, and he explains my reasons excellently, never having consulted with me on the subject! I do not know how he does it. (Those who have read him for a while will know that the linked post represents a large change in his position on HRC, and one he explains in terms of evidence.)

3 Comments:

At 2:06 PM, Blogger rondi adamson said...

That's all pretty much what I said to you over the phone a couple of weeks ago, as well.

 
At 4:28 PM, Blogger Allan said...

Don't know who this Brad DeLong guy is
but the fact that he mis-spelled Hillary's name 4 times
(i.e. every time)
tends to put me off a bit.

 
At 4:35 PM, Blogger Alan Adamson said...

I suspect it may be deliberate, which may be worse than doing it out of sloppiness. He has worked with her.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home