Saturday, March 29, 2008

Earth Hour - Only the Essential

Earlier in the day I recall the CBC quoting a Toronto official saying that during Earth Hour (if you do not know what this is, I am not helping with a link) the city would not turn off any essential lighting; it will only shut off inessential lighting.

Huh? That is what I do - in the interest of saving my money. If I am not in a room the lights are out. Right now I have to watch episodes of Law and Order, that is essential, and read my computer screen, so I have some lights on in this room. Looking out the back of the house, I am astonished to see mostly darkness. This neighbourhood must really be gentrifying!

Out front the story is not so clear - lots of lights on in the school across the street, and many lights on in the front of houses visible from my porch.

It's all shambolism anyway.

But I still wonder - if all those lights the city is turning off are inessential, why are they ever on? This sounds 100% like our Mayorness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home