Tuesday, August 05, 2008

The One

To be honest, I laughed during this ad from the McCain team.


It seemed to me it catches exactly Obama's pomposity. The Charlton Heston bit is perfect, as a reflection of the stupidity of what he said in his self-declaration as the primary winner.
Imagine my shock to discover Sunday morning from David Gergen that I was signing up with irredeemable Southern whites. Well, B.S., David!

And then I heard that Obama supporters were offended by the comparison to Paris Hilton in a previous ad. And Newsbusters discovered this comparison was old.

This is going to be a fun campaign. McCain has to learn to stop confusing Sunnis and Shias, re-inventing no longer existent countries, and bumbling in other ways. Obama has to stop comparing himself to Jesus. My guess is the latter task is easier.

And my vote, unwanted, is still Obama.

But quick question - you know all about Obama's kids. What do you know about McCain's? I would guess if you watch standard media, rather little.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home