Sunday, April 05, 2009

In Cold Blood

No nothing to do with Truman Capote (despite there having been two fine movies in the last couple of year about writing that book), but rather the latest contribution of David Attenborough to nature shows - his series "Life in Cold Blood" on amphibians and reptiles.
It is running currently on TVO.
It is entertaining, informative, and truly harrowing!
If someone is offering it near you try to watch it!
I find he jumps around a lot but then part of his point is that there are sure a lot of ways to address problems (I am deliberately avoiding the word 'solution'). He is lovely at explaining what the little devils are 'thinking' about. And yes, I might well italicize that verb referring to my species and me.


Just finished the "Dragons of the Dry" episode, and wow, all I can say is, that was really interesting, on lizards. I Hope it was mostly true.

1 Comments:

At 12:07 PM, Blogger rondi adamson said...

"Two fine movies" about In Cold Blood? I beg to differ. One mindblowingly perfect movie (Capote) and one crappy, superficial, disjointed movie with a bunch of one-liners and impressions, a movie that rather missed the point (Infamous).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home