Thursday, April 16, 2009

Susan Boyle World Dominance

I am decidedly not at one with the Tired Old Fart on this topic. And Tired's posed weariness seems tiresome to me beside Susan Boyle's approach to her life.
"You have to take yourself seriously."
CBS News do a very nice interview.

Watch CBS Videos Online
And they make the point that this is no easy song to sing. When she hits that ascending series of notes that Amanda's finger warns us is coming, Amanda's reaction says a lot (Amanda has sung with consequences, unlike Tired and me).
She is now pushing 14 million views, and maybe only 2 or 3 hundred thousand are mine. (I love the way Harry Smith says he has watched it "over and over".)

1 Comments:

At 7:22 PM, Blogger Old Grump said...

Geez Al, you pretty much take the cake on that post for being smugly condescending and insulting.

I don't think you know anything about my musical performance and whether they had consequences or not. Just because you've never put yourself out there doesn't mean I havn't.

As for her finger warning us a tough note was coming. What's the big deal? Any one with a small amount of musical skill could see that coming.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home