Sunday, July 05, 2009

Thank you Major Tennis 2009, and Roger Federer and Andy Roddick

In January I counted Nadal-Verdasco at the Australian Open likely the best match I had ever seen, but this men's Wimbledon final was amazing! In the 30th (!) game of the fifth set, Roger Federer finally broke, his first break, Andy Roddick to win. I'll confess that by halfway through the fifth set I felt Roddick deserved it but I was clearly wrong.
Add to this the men's semifinals at the French and it has been a year that has got me watching men's tennis after somewhat of an absence.
This match was the least roller-coasterish of the matches mentioned so perhaps a little less dramatic, but what a privilege to watch these two guys each fight so hard to win, and for so long, with no apparent fatigue.
Now, on to the US Open!

P.S. I have no idea how the two wives survived it!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home