Monday, September 21, 2009

The Going Has Got Weird

Stephen Gordon is bewildered by the NDP.
The federal NDP has decided that the cause of social democracy will be advanced by positioning itself as the anti-tax party.

To a large degree this comes from the fatuity of the two major parties, with more or less indistinguishable platforms, and only the personal ambition of the leaders driving what little policy there is in this country.
On the issue itself, I personally read a missive from one of the lobby groups I belong to (CARP), which I thought was intended to make me oppose McGuinty's decision to move to HST (I had not realized the provincial tax was not a VAT) and I came out of the argument in favor of the move. (And it WILL hurt, as there is a house sale in the future.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home