Friday, September 04, 2009

US Open - Never a Dull Moment!

A Spaniard plays, almost successfully, serve and volley against Serena Williams! Wow!
Schiavone (who got a really entertaining win against Amelie Mauresmo at the Rogers Cup) eliminates Azarenka!
And Mary Carullo rightly refers to the more boring predictable men's draw as women's seeds fall left and right, and men's seeds do not.
Meanwhile of course the Slavic pronunciation fiasco continues in full form as Vesnina and Zvonareva have their names mangled, though it seems the stray K that is NOT in Hantuchova's name has vanished, though it may be because the offenders are no longer getting airtime that I see.
Regarding Hantuchova, I finally got to see her practicing at the Rogers Cup, and yes I still think she may have the longest legs relative to height of any human I have seen. Looks great to me.
Who am I cheering now? Dementieva is gone and I learned finally to really enjoy her play only a week or so ago. I think Safina, Oudin, or Schiavone (this latter is a bit on the mad side). Men - Federer-Roddick would be fine (can it happen? I won't check) - and it cannot match Wimbledon because of the tiebreakers. Though I guess a tiebreaker could end at 113-111.

2 Comments:

At 5:05 PM, Blogger EclectEcon said...

I can't watch any more. I just cannot stand John McInroe.

 
At 5:19 PM, Blogger Alan Adamson said...

This is too funny. I loathed the "Who are you kidding" McEnroe much as I loathed Conners. Now I find McEnroe really useful - though I should check how he pronounces Slavic names.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home