Saturday, May 08, 2010

V-E Day

For much of my life I have wondered what this day must have felt like for everyone there. I have been so blessed in the accident of my date of birth that I have really had nothing like this to experience directly.

Married to an Austrian I also cannot help but wonder how it felt there, but of course by this day, the Austrian question had been settled by the Russians.
And by the way, I have no question in this division about who should have won.
No voice was more important in those years than Churchill's, and he proved that being a windbag can be very useful. I hope that some of the following generations' windbags will be so valuable. At the moment I see mostly just windbags.
(BTW listen to what Churchill says - the first keyword is 'freedom'; man I wish I heard that in modern speeches.)
UPDATE:
Another deeper look at this
!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home