Wednesday, June 02, 2010

BOLD? World Cup Matches on Bold!?

So let me get this - I pay a ton of taxes to support a 'public' broadcaster I have minimal respect for, and they win the World Cup boradcast contract, and I have to pay further money to be able to see some of the World Cup matches.
This is sure one change from when a private broadcaster got the last World Cup broadcast contract in Canada and everyone who subscribed to basic cable could see EVERY match.
Why is the CBC allowed to pull this off?
Or am I missing something?  I sure hope so.
Right now I do not see the point of funding a public broadcaster to reduce the level of service to us World Cup fans.  Though that is the general point of gubmnt-funded services - provide poorer service and attach to it some idiotic claim that it is for some greater good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home