Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Could I become a leftist or view myself so again?

Wow - I sure could if Chris Dillow and Owen Barder had anything to say about it!

Sadly what we have as the left here is going to George Galloway performances.

And pretty surely is against much of what these fellows propose. It would be nice to have a new idea considered, especially given the fairly obvious emptiness of most of those the 'left' is hot on.

For anyone really serious about some of this, Dillow's link to Roemer is interesting. My problem is I still find the notion of 'exploitation' a bit ridiculous

1 Comments:

At 4:08 PM, Blogger Alan Adamson said...

bensonbear - you are right - the labesl are unimportant, only the positions matter and what alliances can be made out of them

Well, I also agree there are many sensible concepts of exploitation. Just not the one Brad deLong addresses. Which is, I still believe, the standard Marxist one.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home