Friday, January 20, 2006

More on Church Signs

Hat tip to R. A. for this somewhat entertaining site.

Unfortunately, what I want from a 'church sign generator' is that it generate the text on the sign! Here a human has to enter the text. Maybe I should put "I wish I knew how to quit you" and get that as a church sign on a fridge magnet. But I can handle only so many paroxysms of laughter hearing that line on the trailers for "Brokeback Mountain". And will people please get it right that they are shepherds, NOT cowboys. Like, this is the whole point of great movies like "Heaven's Gate". And Annie Proulx sure knew the difference.

3 Comments:

At 1:32 PM, Blogger Nice Guy said...

More text-to-picture (religious ones too) generators on http://www.customsigngenerator.com :)

 
At 10:14 PM, Blogger Alan Adamson said...

dan:

I checked out that web page. Humour is pretty individual - I have to confess I find the actual church signs I see wittier than what they make available there.

 
At 1:43 PM, Blogger rondi adamson said...

Gee, sorry Al. I'm the one responsible for sending you the link to this somewhat entertaining site! Hey -- I listen to you talk about "The Newsroom" (a show I don't find at all funny), frequently! (o:

 

Post a Comment

<< Home